Friday, May 15, 2015

Dust (reprise)

Sorry I haven't posted for a long while.  I have more content that I hope to upload soon.  This is my attempt to turn my poem "Dust" into a song.


And she walks down to the shore
Up to the edge of the waves
The distance to the sunset
Is matched only by her gaze

And no strings bind her
That would keep her from going where she wants
And I hope peace finds her
But I fear there is nowhere she belongs

And her home is like the dust from God's fingers
Cast everywhere, but never stopping to linger

All empires crumble to the ground
But men still seek to build them tall
There all built on foundations unsound
She knows as she watches them fall

But they still laugh at her
Cause she has nothing in their eyes
But it doesn't matter
Because she sees through truth's disguise

And her home is like the dust from God's fingers
Cast everywhere, but never stopping to linger

It's hard to love this girl
Who's happy to pass me by
But I want to see her unfurl 
The love that she carries inside

And I want her to spread her wings
That she's so afraid to unfurl
I want her to laugh and sing
And spread her love throughout the whole wide world

And her love is like the dust from God's fingers
Cast everywhere but never stopping to linger

No comments:

Post a Comment